HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=190330)

PcGAmeR22[_19_] December 9th 11 01:58 PM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

I have an intel i2 processer and i really admire its performance
i play assassins creed and prince of persia
now what i would like to know is .
Is this cpu meant for pc gaming ? , and if i put a gtx 460 in there how
bad will the bottleneck be ?
how much performance in percentage i will lost out of the gpu
i cant overclock it for some reason , thought maybe overclocking it
could decrease the bottleneck

PcGAmeR22[_20_] December 9th 11 08:05 PM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

yes the guy at the micro center told me the same
he claimed that my dell mobo can actually run the card at 5 % off the
normal speed cuz i have a pci express x16 1.0
and yes im considering the haf x mid tower

rb[_25_] December 10th 11 02:14 AM

PcGAmeR22;1320194 Wrote:
yes the guy at the micro center told me the same
he claimed that my dell mobo can actually run the card at 5 % off the
normal speed cuz i have a pci express x16 1.0
and yes im considering the haf x mid tower

So the Dell Vostro booted up? Did you resolve the problem, and if so
what was the solution?

PcGAmeR22[_21_] December 10th 11 02:19 AM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

nah its still not working , as i said
im outta money , no budget and no job so i have no clue how long is it
gonna take me to fix it
well i tried to identify the problem myself but im having problems with
removing the case fan
im gonna try to disconnect it and reconnect it again to see if anything
changes
how important is this fan for the computer

PcGAmeR22[_22_] December 10th 11 02:25 AM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

even when the pc was working , my mobo wont allow me to overclock my cpu

rb[_26_] December 10th 11 02:31 AM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

Its important since its the only fan that provides cool air into the
case.
I wouldn't run it without a case fan.

One thing to consider however, is that the fan or the motherboard may
not be the problems...could be the power supply. Being that you already
purchased the OCZ700, why not try installing it?

PcGAmeR22[_23_] December 10th 11 04:12 AM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

im not sure if it fits or not
and im not familiar with where to connect each cable , cuz from what i
read
plugging something in a wrong place can fry the whole computer
im not really saying im gonna run the pc without that fan
im trying to test if the pc will boot without it
and i cant tell if my psu is the problem , its giving power to the fans
inside the case ( cpu-gpu ) and the power supply fan itself is spinning
so i cant really tell if there is anything wrong with the psu
though a solid amber light means there is either a mobo problem or a
power problem

rb[_27_] December 10th 11 07:34 AM

PcGAmeR22;1320200 Wrote:
im not sure if it fits or not
and im not familiar with where to connect each cable , cuz from what i
read
plugging something in a wrong place can fry the whole computer
im not really saying im gonna run the pc without that fan
im trying to test if the pc will boot without it
and i cant tell if my psu is the problem , its giving power to the fans
inside the case ( cpu-gpu ) and the power supply fan itself is spinning
so i cant really tell if there is anything wrong with the psu
though a solid amber light means there is either a mobo problem or a
power problem

Well you could use this opportunity to learn about the inner workings of
a pc.
You certainly have an interest in computers.
This site has lots of info about building pc's ---
http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/index.php

You can also download the Vostro Service/Owners Manual, which includes
diagrams for all the components, ports, and connectors.
Study the manual, then label each connector, and make a note of where it
is connected, make sketches too if that helps. Taking a few pics of the
motherboard and connectors is helpful too.

Make sure to unplug the computer before working on it.
Use a ground strap, or at the very least touch the case frequently to
prevent static from building-up. Walking around on a carpet can cause
alot of static build-up, as well as low humidity in the house especially
in winter.

Just something to consider... :)

PcGAmeR22[_25_] December 10th 11 08:09 AM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

thanks , i,ll try to run a diagnostic

PcGAmeR22[_24_] December 11th 11 02:03 AM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

ok i guess its either the psu or the mobo
i disconnected the fan from the case and from the motherboard and tried
to boot the pc
same thing
and when i put it back , same thing
spins for 3 seconds than goes off