HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Promise Ultra 133 on an old Compaq Deskpro EP/SB Series to speed up the disk access ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59271)

Dutch Treat October 10th 04 08:42 PM

Promise Ultra 133 on an old Compaq Deskpro EP/SB Series to speed up the disk access ?

I've installed a fast 7200rpm ATA 133 Maxtor disk in my Compaq Deskpro EP/SB
Series, but the transfer is very slow. Will it help tom install a Promise Ultra
ATA133 card to speed up the access?

Afaik the Compaq Deskpro EP/SB Series is ATA 33.

So I am under the impression it should make a difference.

Thanks in advance for your answer !