HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mirror Program on Pentium I (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=676)

Robert J. Stevens August 9th 03 02:31 AM

Mirror Program on Pentium I

They used to have a "MIRROR" Program for the older computers.
Does any know of one that will run with W98 on a 233mhz Pentium I. ?????

Bob in wisconsin

Me August 9th 03 06:05 PM

You don't need it anymore. Just use Norton Unformat.

--
I believe in having an open mind,
but not so open that my brains fall out.

Firebird81 August 9th 03 08:02 PM

BY mirror you mean a RAID 1 configuration, where one ahrd drive mirrors the
other? From your other posts I see you have a RAID card. If that's the case,
you not only don't need, but don't even WANT a software mirroring solution.
They are slower and less reliable than a hardware solution, whichyou have.
Now, share a little more info about you hardware and we can help get that
RAID card up and running.

Me August 9th 03 09:32 PM

MIRROR is a program for unformat protection. I just did a little Googling,
and I found a hidden switch for the FORMAT command that's *supposed* to do
the same thing - /select

Try it first on a hard drive that doesn't matter. And if you try it and it
formats your hard drive, don't sue me. HTH