HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Should an HP M820 work on the pcmcia card for a KXL-D720? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=27864)

mike September 12th 04 02:55 PM

Should an HP M820 work on the pcmcia card for a KXL-D720?

I have a working Panasonic KXL-D720 SCSI CDROM drive on the supplied
PCMCIA card.
I bought a used HP M820 CDRW without the card.
The M820 is supposed to be a Panasonic KXL-RW10.
I loaded drivers for the M820 and the RW10. Sometimes, I can get the
scsi card to
recognize the drive exists, but as soon as I try to read it,
it disappears from windows 98se entirely.

I have a ZIP SCSI card aka Adaptec APA-1460, but I'll have to rewire
the HP cable to make it compatible. Don't want to go to the hassle
just to find the drive is broke.

If it should work on the SCSI card from the KXL-D720, my job is done and
it can go in the trash.

Thanks, mike
--
Return address is VALID.