HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AM2 mobo with legacy stuff (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=145599)

[email protected] February 11th 07 07:26 PM

AM2 mobo with legacy stuff

I am looking to upgrade from an Athlon XP 2500+ to an Athlon 64 X2
4200. I have looked at so many motherboards but most don't support my
older stuff. I have several parallel port printers that won't work
with USB adapter cables and 2 new IDE hard drives. I also see there is
a lack of PCI slots in new motherboards and some don't have firewire.
I guess I could give up on the printers and use the hard drives on
older computers but I did find a few motherboards that might work.
They a

DFI Infinity NF Ultra II M2
Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4
DFI INFINITY NF SLI-M2
ASUS M2N-E SLI

If anyone has any experience with these or any other suggestions,
please post them.

Thanks,
Chris

Wes Newell February 11th 07 07:51 PM

AM2 mobo with legacy stuff

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:26:09 -0800, cjohnson1379 wrote:

I am looking to upgrade from an Athlon XP 2500+ to an Athlon 64 X2
4200. I have looked at so many motherboards but most don't support my
older stuff. I have several parallel port printers that won't work
with USB adapter cables and 2 new IDE hard drives. I also see there is
a lack of PCI slots in new motherboards and some don't have firewire.
I guess I could give up on the printers and use the hard drives on
older computers but I did find a few motherboards that might work.
They a

DFI Infinity NF Ultra II M2
Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4
DFI INFINITY NF SLI-M2
ASUS M2N-E SLI

If anyone has any experience with these or any other suggestions,
please post them.

The most PCI slots I could find on an AM2 board was 4. I got the Gigabyte
GA-M55Plus-S3G and am happy with it.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...GA-M55plus-S3G