HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP 855C print Head going bad? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=92729)

Bob Headrick March 26th 05 07:57 AM

HP 855C print Head going bad?

Buddy b @yippi.ti.ye wrote in message
I`ve had this printer for 8 years. Light printing usually with an occasional
large file.
The print test shows the color fine; no banding or different intensity.

The black cartridge has been replaced twice.
After a week or so on the first one, ink smeared on the paper and there was
quite a bit of ink all over the head of the cart.
Another cart, in for 2 weeks, was similar but so far hasn`t smeared the
paper.

After 8 years the spittoon has filled up. See the following for cleaning
instructions:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ectID=bpa02019.
It is an easy process, but do not drop the ink sludge on your desk or carpet
:-).

Regards,