HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=197276)

Mort[_2_] August 25th 15 09:28 PM

HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape

Hi,

I am suddenly having a problem with my HP 8250 inkjet printer, which
although old, still makes beautiful color prints.

Recently, it keeps on resetting itself to landscape, even though I set
everything to portrait.

Is there something that I am missing? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

I am running an HP laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Thanks.

Mort Linder

Ed Pawlowski August 26th 15 11:29 AM

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:28:28 -0400, Mort wrote:

Hi,

I am suddenly having a problem with my HP 8250 inkjet printer, which
although old, still makes beautiful color prints.

Recently, it keeps on resetting itself to landscape, even though I set
everything to portrait.

Is there something that I am missing? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

I am running an HP laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Thanks.

Mort Linder

No idea why it would do that aside from a corrupted file. I'd
eliminate it and re-install it.

Mort[_2_] August 26th 15 02:44 PM

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:28:28 -0400, Mort wrote:

Hi,

I am suddenly having a problem with my HP 8250 inkjet printer, which
although old, still makes beautiful color prints.

Recently, it keeps on resetting itself to landscape, even though I set
everything to portrait.

Is there something that I am missing? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

I am running an HP laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Thanks.

Mort Linder

No idea why it would do that aside from a corrupted file. I'd
eliminate it and re-install it.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your advice.I'll give it a try.

Mort

David H. Lipman August 26th 15 09:12 PM

HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape

From: "Mort"

Hi,

I am suddenly having a problem with my HP 8250 inkjet printer, which
although old, still makes beautiful color prints.

Recently, it keeps on resetting itself to landscape, even though I set
everything to portrait.

Is there something that I am missing? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

I am running an HP laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Thanks.

Mort Linder

How to print is a function of the print Driver and the Print Job.

The defaults for a given Printere are set in Devices and Printers.
Most applications inherit the default settings for a given printer but are
overriden in a Print Job.

Therefore start with the default settings for the HP 8250 and then work your
way back to the application which you are trying to render a Print Job with.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Mort[_2_] August 26th 15 09:36 PM

From: "Mort"

Hi,

I am suddenly having a problem with my HP 8250 inkjet printer, which
although old, still makes beautiful color prints.

Recently, it keeps on resetting itself to landscape, even though I
set everything to portrait.

Is there something that I am missing? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

I am running an HP laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Thanks.

Mort Linder

How to print is a function of the print Driver and the Print Job.

The defaults for a given Printere are set in Devices and Printers.
Most applications inherit the default settings for a given printer but
are overriden in a Print Job.

Therefore start with the default settings for the HP 8250 and then work
your way back to the application which you are trying to render a Print
Job with.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. The default printer is already set to portrait.
This morning, after a week of printing out landscape mode, the printer
is suddenly behaving and printing in portrait mode again, even though I
have not made any additional changes in the settings. I can curse the
printer in several languages, but it does not help.

Mort

me August 27th 15 02:05 AM

HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:12:58 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:
The defaults for a given Printere are set in Devices and Printers.
Most applications inherit the default settings for a given printer but are
overriden in a Print Job.

FWIW, Acrobat Reader is a fairly widely used application which stores
it's own last used settings.

David H. Lipman August 27th 15 12:50 PM

HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape

From: "me"

wrote:
The defaults for a given Printere are set in Devices and Printers.
Most applications inherit the default settings for a given printer but
are
overriden in a Print Job.

FWIW, Acrobat Reader is a fairly widely used application which stores
it's own last used settings.

So do some Internet Browsers.
However, one should still check a printer's default settiung in the OS
before checking the Print Job settings.

David H. Lipman August 27th 15 12:51 PM

HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape

From: "Mort"

From: "Mort"

Hi,

[...]

Thanx for the update.

Mort[_2_] September 19th 15 03:38 AM

HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape Misbehaving agan

Hi,

It's me again. Everything was fine, until I had to print one document
in landscape format. Thereafter, I reset all the settings and the
selection to portrait. Nevertheless, it once more prints everything in
landscape mode. I have to choose properties and reset to portrait now
before every printed page that I do, which can be very tiresome. Last
time, it reverted to portrait by itself after a few days. I cannot
puzzle out why it behaves this way, or how to fix it.

Thanks again,

Mort Linder