HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Intel's Next Generation Microarchitecture (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=122119)

David Kanter March 10th 06 11:47 PM

Intel's Next Generation Microarchitecture

So, I get to toot my own horn here; I have an excellent article online
about Intel's next generation core, with an unmatched level of detail:

http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cf...WT030906143144

In this article, I go through each major section of the MPU and compare
it to the P4 and Yonah designs.

Take a look and tell me what you think! I appreciate the feedback.

DK

David Kanter March 11th 06 05:22 AM

Intel's Next Generation Microarchitecture

So, I get to toot my own horn here; I have an excellent article online
about Intel's next generation core, with an unmatched level of detail:

http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cf...WT030906143144

In this article, I go through each major section of the MPU and compare
it to the P4 and Yonah designs.

Take a look and tell me what you think! I appreciate the feedback.

Absolutely outstanding. Too bad my graduate architecture class just
finished the microarchitecture section!

Ohhh, that's a good point. Maybe I'll email my old arch profs...

DK