HardwareBanter

-   Acer Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Recovery discs (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=172194)

Jim[_27_] September 14th 08 12:17 AM

Recovery discs

I recently upgraded my hard drive on an ACER Aspire 3002LCi.

Wanting to make the system a dual boot I tried to activate the recovery
discs. The originals from Acer. No go.

What is the secret to getting them to install? Do I need to have the
contents of the recovery partition in place first?

Wandering September 14th 08 12:59 AM

Recovery discs

You put your finger on it. The CD simply is a way to access the actual data
stored on the recovery partition. If it is not there, nothing will happen.

You can use disk cloning software like Acronis to copy the original hard
drive to the new one. Then you can adjust partitions and such from the new
drive once it can boot.

Good luck.