HardwareBanter

-   Acer Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Acer 1605LC scrambled display, boots ok (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=97760)

myleouk May 20th 05 04:58 AM

Acer 1605LC scrambled display, boots ok

Hi, my laptop could not display properly even at POST..Bios .. and windows
(appeared as random characters, lines). Occasionally, the it will display
properly... but not for long.
I have done the following with no avail
1. removed bios battery
2. removed lcd and diaplay on external mnitor
3. replaced memory
4. removed HDD
5. removed optical drive
However it does boot into windows, can hear the start up melody.

Could anyone suggest me any ideas.. I got a feeling its the mobo, just
never seen this problem before. :(

Dan Brow May 22nd 05 09:43 PM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:58:43 -0400, myleouk wrote:

Hi, my laptop could not display properly even at POST..Bios .. and windows
(appeared as random characters, lines). Occasionally, the it will display
properly... but not for long.
I have done the following with no avail 1. removed bios battery
2. removed lcd and diaplay on external mnitor 3. replaced memory
4. removed HDD
5. removed optical drive
However it does boot into windows, can hear the start up melody.

Could anyone suggest me any ideas.. I got a feeling its the mobo, just
never seen this problem before. :(

Sounds like it's losing sync with the video card (bios update may fix it).
Or it's a loose connection. Sounds like it needs to go back to acer.

Dan.