HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Fanless hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=140643)

johns December 3rd 06 09:45 AM

Fanless hardware

Roaming in the game store today, and saw some interesting
new products. SMART power supply has a 350 watt fanless
supply. There's a bunch of ATI video cards using passive
cooling .. like the ATI 1300. I just built a system with the
1300, and an AMD 3200 with passive cooling and a very
slow backup fan. I thought it was broke, it was so quiet.
I glanced around at the monitor, and it was posting. Got
kind of irritated listening to the hard drive accessing.

johns