HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   p5dv1 Boot Failure (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=135643)

[email protected] September 12th 06 06:58 AM

p5dv1 Boot Failure

I just setup a new system with a P5vd1-X with a intel Pentium D 820,
512 2700 ram, 2 sata hard drives, and a Saphire 800gt PCI Express.

I am using a ATX PSU with a 20 pin connector hooked into my 24 pin
connector on the bard. PSU is a startech 400W??? PSU.

The computer fails on post, 1 long beep 2 short. I have switched out
the video card, pulled the ram, took it all apart and ressembled.
Still the problem, I am thinking it is the PSU, either it isnt a high
enough wattage or I should get a 24 pin PSU.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wes