HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   quick quick slow (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=27138)

eddie July 25th 03 10:03 AM

quick quick slow

A7N8X has suddenly become temperamental. Sometimes it's as fast as a bullet
and other times it's so slow that it's unusable.
I'm running a bare bones system.
Could bad RAM cause this
Thanks.

Egil Solberg July 25th 03 11:53 AM

"eddie" wrote in message
A7N8X has suddenly become temperamental. Sometimes it's as fast as a

bullet
and other times it's so slow that it's unusable.
I'm running a bare bones system.
Could bad RAM cause this
Thanks.

My computer also has a tendency to be very slow from time to time (WinXp
SP1), especially when I fool around too much with avi-movies and such.
In my case, itīs tracked back to explorer.exe taking 100% CPU while at the
same time eating more and more memory, eventually crashing.
So I manually stop and restart explorer.exe and normal operation is resumed.
Hope this helps.

Egil Solberg July 28th 03 03:22 PM

"Caldwell, Jim [BVW:C000:EXCH]" wrote in
message ...
you're due for your semi-annual re-install of XP....

no, have just done it. Guess it has something to do with dc++. Annoying
nevertheless.