HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Should I format my USB stick with NTFS or FAT32 if using only with Win ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=164024)

Joe deAngelo January 16th 08 12:53 PM

Should I format my USB stick with NTFS or FAT32 if using only with Win ?

Should I format my USB stick with FAT32 or NTFS if I plan to use it only on WinXP, Vista and Win2K
systems ?

I would prefer NTFS. Are there any downsides ?

Joe

Bob I January 16th 08 01:52 PM

Should I format my USB stick with NTFS or FAT32 if using onlywith Win ?

Use NTSF if you want, you would only have an issue with "other"
operating systems.

BTW the microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support group is for
discussion of issues involving Windows "Help and Support" "as in
"Start", "Help and Support"