HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Need Help Quick! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=16383)

Thunder9 October 17th 03 11:57 AM

Need Help Quick!

I'm going to purchase a used laptop from someone tomorrow. Is there
some kind of (freeware/shareware) software I can run on it to check it
out to test the cpu, ram, hard drive, i/o system, etc?

TIA,
Thunder9

Bad Dog October 17th 03 02:30 PM

Thunder9 wrote:
I'm going to purchase a used laptop from someone tomorrow. Is there
some kind of (freeware/shareware) software I can run on it to check it
out to test the cpu, ram, hard drive, i/o system, etc?

TIA,
Thunder9

You could order a demo of PC-Check from Eurosoft
http://www.eurosoft-uk.com/pc_check.htm

--
Bad Dog *eg*

Jordon October 17th 03 02:54 PM

"Thunder9" wrote
I'm going to purchase a used laptop from someone
tomorrow. Is there some kind of (freeware/shareware)
software I can run on it to check it out to test the
cpu, ram, hard drive, i/o system, etc?

http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

will tell you more than you'd ever want to know.

Jordon