HardwareBanter

-   Creative Sound Blaster Cards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Microphone stopped working on a Sound Blaster Live! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=147523)

Smooch March 11th 07 12:44 PM

Microphone stopped working on a Sound Blaster Live!

Well I've no idea if anyone still reads this group but I'm going to
take a swing at asking my question here. I've never had sound card
problems and thus I've no idea what I am doing. I use a headset and
microphone for gaming as well as voice/singing recording for a karaoke
type website. One day my mic is working dandy - next day nothing will
come out of it. I am unable to get it to work in Ventrilo (which I
use for games) or on the other site SingShot. Figured the mic died so
I plugged in another headset and got the same results. Creative Labs
no longer updates for my sound card so I went and got the original
disk and restored everything back to it's defaults. Nothing.

When I look at my Sound Control Panel I've Line-In and Microphone as
muted under Playback and Microphone selected under Recording. No
matter what I set these settings at, If I close the control panel and
do something else, the settings revert back to what they were to begin
with. At this point, I don't know what the settings SHOULD be. All
tests run show ok/normal it's just that my damn mic is not picking up
any sound!

I used it one night, turned the computer off, went to sleep and 8
hours later woke up - turned on the comp and the mic no longer
worked. If anyone is out there. I sure would love some input.
Thanks much

Smooch March 11th 07 12:54 PM

Microphone stopped working on a Sound Blaster Live!

Actually - It's a Sound Blaster Live 5.1. Am running some Auto Update
at the moment.

Smooch March 15th 07 10:23 AM

Microphone stopped working on a Sound Blaster Live!

Nothing? No one has a clue? Can anyone point me in a general direction?

Folk March 15th 07 05:28 PM

Microphone stopped working on a Sound Blaster Live!

On 15 Mar 2007 03:23:58 -0700, "Smooch"
wrote:

Nothing? No one has a clue? Can anyone point me in a general direction?

You're better off posting on the Creative forums. Not much traffic in
there these days.

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...d=soundblaster

Folk March 15th 07 05:28 PM

wrote:

Nothing? No one has a clue? Can anyone point me in a general direction?

You're better off posting on the Creative forums. Not much traffic in
there these days.

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...d=soundblaster

Should have said "not much traffic in *here* these days".