HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   RAR Format (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=98362)

Von Fourche May 26th 05 08:55 PM

RAR Format

Just when I got a hand on that dang yenk format now I find something
called "rar."

What in the heck is this? And is there a good free program to open up
these files?

John O May 27th 05 03:40 AM

There are a few programs that will open up RAR files. Following are a couple
of them...

http://www.rarlab.com/

http://www.winace.com/

Regards,
John O.

.net...

Möbius May 30th 05 06:30 AM

I've used UltimateZip 2.7.1 (download from ultimatezip.com) for a long time
with Windows XP Home. The only problem I've noticed is that occasionally
after use and exiting the software, the ultimatezip process fails to close
automatically, so I close it via Ctrl-Alt-Del if necessary. They have a
later 3.0 version which I haven't tried. It handles RAR and any other
compression formats that I've ever wanted. Free for private use.
--
Möbius

.. .