HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   CD Replacement (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58850)

Bob May 11th 04 07:02 PM

CD Replacement

I have a Compaq Presario 1201T upgraded from ME to XP Home. The CD ROM has
failed. It will play music CD's, but will not read home burned data nor OEM
(MS Office) CD's. I have removed the hardware and rebooted, but still have
the problem. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find documentation on
component repair. Every thing I find says take it to authorized repair
shop. It looks like there are two screws on the bottom which hold the drive,
but I need to be sure before I go %^&&$* with it. Can you provide me with
any documentation or insight?

Thanks in advance.