HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Memory Upgrade Compaq Presario 900 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=169125)

- Bobb - May 30th 08 10:18 PM

Memory Upgrade Compaq Presario 900

GO to www.crucial.com and have it scan your system and tell you what you have / what you need.

Compaq Presario 900 - Notebook ? or Desktop ? ( both models exist)

http://shop.crucial.com/1/4/19316-hp...ry-module.html

"james" wrote in message ...
The standard RAM in this machine is 256mb. I am trying to upgrade by
adding a 512mb card (specs say it's upgradable to 1GB). I am using an
ULTRA DDR Memory (PC2700, 333mHz) which is compatible with PC2100
266mHz). When adding this card to the 2nd slot, the system is not
recognizing it. I took out the original RAM and added only the 512mb
to the 1st slot and the computer would not turn on at all. Finally I
put the original 256mb card in the second slot and the 512mb card in
the 1st slot. The machine now runs, but it still only sees 256mb.
What else can I do/check?

Thanks.

Joe

Joe[_21_] June 1st 08 03:05 AM

Memory Upgrade Compaq Presario 900

On May 30, 4:18*pm, "- Bobb -" wrote: GO
Desktop ? ( both models exist) http://shop.crucial.com/1/4/19316-hp-compaq-presario-900-series-lapto...
"james" wrote in messagenews:

The standard RAM in this machine is 256mb. *I am trying to upgrade by
adding a 512mb card (specs say it's upgradable to 1GB). *I am using

an ULTRA DDR Memory (PC2700, 333mHz) which is compatible with
PC2100 266mHz). *When adding this card to the 2nd slot, the system
is not recognizing it. *I took out the original RAM and added only
the 512mb to the 1st slot and the computer would not turn on at
all. *Finally I put the original 256mb card in the second slot and
the 512mb card in the 1st slot. *The machine now runs, but it still
only sees 256mb. What else can I do/check? Thanks. Joe-
running Wiindows XP on a laptop.* This is my parents computer so I
will have the crucial site scan the system, though they are still on
56k dial up!

Joe[_21_] June 1st 08 06:30 PM

Memory Upgrade Compaq Presario 900

Thanks for this.� I'm running Wiindows XP on a laptop.� I ran the
Crucial.com scan and it recommended I add 512mb in the 2nd slot which
I did, using the exact specifications they suggested. The computer
does not recognize it however. THough the memory is in place, their
scan picked it up as an empty slot.....

- Bobb - June 2nd 08 02:05 AM

"Joe" wrote in message
Thanks for this.� I'm running Wiindows XP on a laptop.� I ran the
Crucial.com scan and it recommended I add 512mb in the 2nd slot which
I did, using the exact specifications they suggested. The computer
does not recognize it however. THough the memory is in place, their
scan picked it up as an empty slot.....

System doesn't see it in slot one,( you said won't boot)
System doesn't see it in slot two - sounds like bad/DOA 512mb memory
stick.
If you just bought it - send it back. If not, then buy a good one.