HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Adding RAM to Presario 5000 5WV254 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=166406)

Nevans March 18th 08 04:51 AM

Adding RAM to Presario 5000 5WV254

I've got two sticks of 128 MB ram and have room for one more.

If I add a stick of 256 MB, does the order in which the three sticks are
installed make any difference? Can I just put the 256 stick in the
third slot or must I put it in the first slot and move a 128 stick to
the third slot?

Compaq Presario 5000 5WV254
700 MHz
AMD Duron
Windows ME

Thanks,
Nevans

Nevans May 21st 08 07:43 PM

Adding RAM to Presario 5000 5WV254

Bobb,
Thank you. Sorry for taking so long to reply (life sometimes gets in
the way!).
Nevans

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:05:44 -0400, - Bobb - wrote in
: