HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq Pressario C5670. How to enable DMA to HD-s? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=168197)

Bengt T May 1st 08 02:25 PM

Compaq Pressario C5670. How to enable DMA to HD-s?

Have an old PC which I intend to reuse as backup file server. It seems
presently not to use DMA during transfers to/from HD-s.

Can anyone advice how an where to enable DMA?

/Bengt

- Bobb - May 1st 08 04:50 PM

Compaq Pressario C5670. How to enable DMA to HD-s?

You did not say which OS ?
Win95 /98 etc
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=enable+dma+windows

Bengt T May 1st 08 09:45 PM

"Bengt T" wrote in message

Have an old PC which I intend to reuse as backup file server. It seems
presently not to use DMA during transfers to/from HD-s.

Can anyone advice how an where to enable DMA?

/Bengt

Sorry, I assumed that this was a BIOS matter. I use the Linux
distribution Knoppix.

/Bengt