HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hot weather--storing computer (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=132909)

MZB July 31st 06 08:33 PM

Hot weather--storing computer

We will be going on a brief 2-day trip.

I intended to take my Inspiron 2200.

However, one of the days we will be in an outdoor area. The temperature will
be 95 degrees F.

The computer will be in a case either in the trunk or backseat of my car. Is
this dangerous for the computer??

(If so, I can just leave the computer at home)

Mel

Lez Pawl July 31st 06 08:54 PM

"MZB" wrote in message
We will be going on a brief 2-day trip.

I intended to take my Inspiron 2200.

However, one of the days we will be in an outdoor area. The temperature
will be 95 degrees F.

The computer will be in a case either in the trunk or backseat of my car.
Is this dangerous for the computer??

(If so, I can just leave the computer at home)

Mel

on the backseat is very dangerous...........from slim jim.........more so
than the heat.

PeterD July 31st 06 09:55 PM

Hot weather--storing computer

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:33:18 -0400, "MZB"
wrote:

We will be going on a brief 2-day trip.

I intended to take my Inspiron 2200.

However, one of the days we will be in an outdoor area. The temperature will
be 95 degrees F.

The computer will be in a case either in the trunk or backseat of my car. Is
this dangerous for the computer??

(If so, I can just leave the computer at home)

Mel

Trunk is the way to go. Cooler and less likely to be noticed.

[email protected] July 31st 06 11:29 PM

MZB wrote:
We will be going on a brief 2-day trip.

I intended to take my Inspiron 2200.

However, one of the days we will be in an outdoor area. The temperature will
be 95 degrees F.

The computer will be in a case either in the trunk or backseat of my car. Is
this dangerous for the computer??

(If so, I can just leave the computer at home)

Mel

Heat no problem while stored. It'd have to get VERY hot in order to
damage it.

Notan July 31st 06 11:52 PM

MZB wrote:

We will be going on a brief 2-day trip.

I intended to take my Inspiron 2200.

However, one of the days we will be in an outdoor area. The temperature will
be 95 degrees F.

The computer will be in a case either in the trunk or backseat of my car. Is
this dangerous for the computer??

(If so, I can just leave the computer at home)

If the computer isn't an absolute necessity, leave it at home.

Why take chances!

Notan

Ben Myers August 1st 06 12:18 AM

Hot weather--storing computer

It can actually be a nice change of pace to be without a computer for a couple
of days... Ben Myers

GHalleck August 1st 06 05:44 AM

Ben Myers wrote:

It can actually be a nice change of pace to be without a computer for a couple
of days... Ben Myers

Would enjoy it very much. Sadly, life as a manager is not
so simple anymore. Need to keep in touch with the office,
via pager, cell and laptop. Other people's livelihoods are
at stake.

Fathergoose August 1st 06 02:08 PM

"MZB" wrote in message
We will be going on a brief 2-day trip.

I intended to take my Inspiron 2200.

However, one of the days we will be in an outdoor area. The temperature
will be 95 degrees F.

The computer will be in a case either in the trunk or backseat of my car.
Is this dangerous for the computer??

(If so, I can just leave the computer at home)

Mel

=================
Well, I just was reading about the care and use of, Lithium ion batteries.

The excessive heat will shorten the life of the battery if that is the type
you have.
"Keep the lithium-ion battery cool. Avoid a hot car."
This would go for cell phones as well......anyway.....

Bill

MZB August 3rd 06 06:36 PM

Hot weather--storing computer

Thanks for all the responses.
We took our brief vacation and left our computer home. No withdrawal
symptoms either, although it was good to get back and boot up again.

Taking a week-long vacation at the end of this month and will leave computer
home again!

Mel