HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   all in wonder thing... (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=42492)

GavinQ October 24th 03 09:50 AM

all in wonder thing...

hi,
jusrt put my old all in wonder 8mb AGP card into an old machine - works fine
except the Power DVD software - it cannot play the disc and an error box
tells me that the TV out is enabled on the card and therefore wont play the
disc - why is this? when the card was in it's original machine it played
everything for 5 years! Even the old ATI DVD player version 1.2 just hangs
on the startup screen and i have to re-boot...? Macrovsion/CSS was never a
problem before (and np - there is no TV/VCR connected to the card!) Can it
be 'disabled'?

win98se
p3 500
128meg ram

tia
Gav

Shawk October 24th 03 10:31 AM

"GavinQ" wrote in message
. ..
hi,
jusrt put my old all in wonder 8mb AGP card into an old machine - works

fine
except the Power DVD software - it cannot play the disc and an error box
tells me that the TV out is enabled on the card and therefore wont play

the
disc - why is this? when the card was in it's original machine it played
everything for 5 years! Even the old ATI DVD player version 1.2 just hangs
on the startup screen and i have to re-boot...? Macrovsion/CSS was never a
problem before (and np - there is no TV/VCR connected to the card!) Can it
be 'disabled'?

win98se
p3 500
128meg ram

tia
Gav

I believe this is a copyright 'improvement' with the newer drivers and that
going to an older version of driver should solve it. (I think its meant to
stop you copying your DVD's)

Sorry to sound vague but I had the issue with my old GF3 Ti200 and wasnt
aware it had affected ATI too. Others will confirm this to you and, if
there is another fix that means you can use the latest drivers, will no
doubt let you know.

Shawk.