HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Auto play music CDs broke again! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=23896)

Don Nickell July 28th 03 09:36 PM

Auto play music CDs broke again!

Seems anytime I upgrade WinAmp, MediaPlayer, etc. the "auto play" feature
of a music CD goes to Hell! And it happened again!!

I've made sure Auto Insert Notification and DMA are checked in
System Properties, Device Manager, Property, Settings for both my CDs.

Used TweakUI/Paranoia to made sure Play Audio CDs Automatically and
Play Data CDs Automatically are checked.

I open WinAmp 9.1 manually and check Options, Preferences, SetUp,
File Types to make sure CDA, WAV, etc. are included and then check
Associate With Audio CDs.

When I insert a music CD all I get is the track listing of the CD.
Even the stupid DJ Mike Llama doesn't play automatically. If I
Add Dir I can click on M:/ and the tracks are listed and play once
highlighted and click on Play.

What have I forgotten this time?

Thanks,
Don