HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   System Information Utility (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=186306)

[email protected] September 30th 10 05:21 AM

System Information Utility

Can anyone advice on a simple utility that will detail all items on
your system (processor, memory, and others components). I tried using
WinXP's System Information Utility, but it is very confusing and does
not list items by name and brand, etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Charliec

William R. Walsh September 30th 10 07:32 AM

System Information Utility

Belarc Advisor is one program that I've heard good things about. It is free
for personal use. You might also get some more information out of the
Windows device manager or even the Dell service tag (basically a serial
number) if the system hasn't changed since it was built.

William

Sam September 30th 10 06:25 PM

wrote in message
Can anyone advice on a simple utility that will detail all items on
your system (processor, memory, and others components). I tried using
WinXP's System Information Utility, but it is very confusing and does
not list items by name and brand, etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Charliec

You could have a look at this one, put out by the same people that
have CCleaner or Crap Cleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Sam

[email protected] September 30th 10 07:05 PM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 01:32:17 -0500, "William R. Walsh" m wrote:

Belarc Advisor is one program that I've heard good things about. It is free
for personal use. You might also get some more information out of the
Windows device manager or even the Dell service tag (basically a serial
number) if the system hasn't changed since it was built.

William

Thanks for the replies.

Charliec

woody September 30th 10 11:40 PM

System Information Utility

This free one is excellent:

http://www.gtopala.com/

Woody

RnR[_2_] October 1st 10 01:20 AM

System Information Utility

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:40:37 -0300, "woody" wrote:

This free one is excellent:

http://www.gtopala.com/

Woody

Nice Woody... thanks !