HardwareBanter

-   -   SLI two GT 1030 or so possible with driver mod (maybe even mixed withGT 520, could prevent converters) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199340)

[email protected] December 20th 18 07:36 PM

SLI two GT 1030 or so possible with driver mod (maybe even mixed withGT 520, could prevent converters)

I came across this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jqnaf_SpAU

It's very interesting, it mentions a mod of official nvidia drivers allowing SLI to be used with GT cards.

(
Mod mentioned: DifferentSLIAuto:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-cards.158907/
)

For example two passively cooled GT 1030 cards may be possible or even a mix with older cards !

This could solve some dust issues for some people and also some heat issues possibly... if this heat is distributed better across PC/motherboard... and I am pretty sure it probably will disperse heat a bit better, so call me interested in this.

I would like to see a better review of this with benchmarks and especially heat graphs or something to see if heat-wise the temperatures would be lower across the board/points then say a GTX 1050 or so... with also double the ammount of cores...

So this is kinda interesting... though two GT 1030 would have more memory chips and thus in total more power/heat output.

But what I am interested in is MAX heat at a single point...

So if temperatures across the motherboard would stay below 50 degrees or so... versus a GTX 1050 that might exceed it.... then the double sli-ed GT 1030 would be a design win in my book ! ;) =D

Anybody have any experience with this driver mod ?!? Hmmm...

Maybe GT 1030 and GT 520 would work together ?!

Then I could keep using GT 520 to connect to VGA and DVI without using stupid converters HAHA ! Funny.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.