HardwareBanter

-   Intel (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Intel Pentium 2 to AGP controller problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=88690)

John G June 24th 03 01:33 AM

Intel Pentium 2 to AGP controller problem

Warning in Device driver. Asus P2B motherboard - bios updated from
1005 to 1012.
When I try to install the graphics driver it says it is OK but doesn't
become effective.Also,I can't find a manufacturers web-site for a
newer driver for the Viper V550 board although I think the AGP problem
is the main one.

John G June 24th 03 01:02 PM

(John G) wrote in message . com...
Warning in Device driver. Asus P2B motherboard - bios updated from
1005 to 1012.
When I try to install the graphics driver it says it is OK but doesn't
become effective.Also,I can't find a manufacturers web-site for a
newer driver for the Viper V550 board although I think the AGP problem
is the main one.

Update - problems solved, uninstalled Pentium 2 82443BX processor to
AGP controller & voila! my display adapter installed. Doesn't make
sense to me by happy to no longer have problem. Thanks for
suggestions.

Dave Fobare June 25th 03 03:39 PM

I have a very similar problem -- a new hd on my P3 system running
Win2k and I'm now suffering thru 16 Colors on my MultiSync LCD1500M.
So I uninstall the Intel 82820 to AGP controller. And yet on my
Monitor tab the Properties button isn't even active(still). So I can't
even install the driver. Have no idea where to go from here.

Dave Fobare