HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   IBM LTO Fibre Channel Tape Drive Rewinding In A Loop (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=84210)

CHANGE USERNAME TO westes July 13th 03 09:02 PM

IBM LTO Fibre Channel Tape Drive Rewinding In A Loop

We have a number of IBM LTO fibre channel tape drives in a StorageTek L700
library. A manual tape insertion to the drive(s) works fine, and the
drive shows status as Loaded. The instant we connect the drive to a
Brocade full-fabric 2250 fibre channel switch, the drive shows status as
rewinding, followed by Loaded, then rewinding, then Loaded, in an infinite
loop.

What would cause this event? I assume this is a problem with a Brocade
switch setting? What would need to be reconfigured? The tape drive is
an FC-AL device, but StorageTek insists that Brocade can publish this device
as a public device to the SAN.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com