HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP Officejet 5740 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=198855)

Keith Nuttle April 27th 18 03:49 PM

HP Officejet 5740

This printer has served me well and this morning I tried to use one of
the options that I had never used.

In the Scan software for this printer, it says I can scan a PDF document
to email. Yet when I try it says there is no email program.

How to I get the HP software to find my email program. (Thunderbird)?

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

wobbles April 28th 18 08:36 AM

HP Officejet 5740

Keith Nuttle wrote:

This printer has served me well and this morning I tried to use one of
the options that I had never used.

In the Scan software for this printer, it says I can scan a PDF document
to email. Yet when I try it says there is no email program.

How to I get the HP software to find my email program. (Thunderbird)?

A quick look at the user documentation - I found it at
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04426664 - suggests there is some
setup needed to use the Scan to Email

Keith Nuttle April 28th 18 12:42 PM

HP Officejet 5740

On 4/28/2018 3:36 AM, wobbles wrote:
Keith Nuttle wrote:

This printer has served me well and this morning I tried to use one of
the options that I had never used.

In the Scan software for this printer, it says I can scan a PDF document
to email. Yet when I try it says there is no email program.

How to I get the HP software to find my email program. (Thunderbird)?

A quick look at the user documentation - I found it at
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04426664 - suggests there is some
setup needed to use the Scan to Email

May be I mis interpreted what the printer could do. I guess it is
possible the scan to email only works when the scan is managed from the
printer side.

I assumed that when the scan operation was managed from the computer
side, the scanned file would be attached to a compose window in the
default email program.

This is the way it works in Irfanview works with a image file, when you
send from Irfanview, irfanview attaches the image file to a new message
form in the default email program.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre