HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Presario 2200 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=21147)

skippy September 10th 04 07:05 PM

Presario 2200

My wife has a Presario 2200 that over the past couple of days has just
been randomly shutting off and then won't start back up. Another
thing is that when you try and start the laptop it will bring up the
Compaq startup screen and then just shut back down. I'm not quite
sure what the problem is. I have removed the battery and left it
plugged into the wall, but it still does the same thing so I would
assume it isn't the battery. Does anyone have any ideas what may be
wrong? :?

==============

Dave C. September 10th 04 08:58 PM

"skippy" wrote in message
My wife has a Presario 2200 that over the past couple of days has just
been randomly shutting off and then won't start back up. Another
thing is that when you try and start the laptop it will bring up the
Compaq startup screen and then just shut back down. I'm not quite
sure what the problem is. I have removed the battery and left it
plugged into the wall, but it still does the same thing so I would
assume it isn't the battery. Does anyone have any ideas what may be
wrong? :?

HEAT. Either that, or a bad power supply. -Dave