HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Socket A Motherboard with firewire (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=102442)

Macca July 19th 05 09:57 PM

Socket A Motherboard with firewire

Hi,

I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have. I
also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

I dont want to spend a fortune and would appreciate any suggesstions,

Thanks In Advance
Macca

Kill Bill July 19th 05 10:19 PM

"Macca" wrote in message
Hi,

I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have.
also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

I dont want to spend a fortune and would appreciate any suggesstions,

Thanks In Advance
Macca

I don't know about mobos since there's probably hundreds but an alternative
would be an original soundblaster Audigy card which you might want anyway.
It'll have a firewire port. Bids starting at $1 on ebay...

Judder July 19th 05 10:59 PM

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...35&GroupID=530

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...63&GroupID=529

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?ASU-A7N8XE

--
Judder

larry moe 'n curly July 20th 05 10:29 AM

Macca wrote:
Hi,

I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have. I
also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

Biostar M7VIZ ver. 1.3 (not ver. 8.0). Uses VT8237 south bridge and
also has SATA sockets.