HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Linksys NIC (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=7729)

Hans Wankle January 17th 05 01:20 AM

Linksys NIC

I have an older Linksys LNE100TX Ver.2 network card that I bought in the Windows98 days. I have been using the onboard network card on my one year old Asus board. It stopped working. When I checked there were no lights showing connection or activity. Rather than RMA the board I just installed the Linksys card, installed the drivers, and it showed up in Windows as working. However it will not access my ISP when set to auto detect or manual settings. Since this is an older card Linksys does not have XP drivers for it. I tried Windows2000 drivers but without success. I finally installed an eight year old card I had and it installed perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas why the Linksys
want work on my XP system? Thanks

kony January 17th 05 04:07 AM

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:20:50 -0600, "Hans Wankle"
wrote:

I have an older Linksys LNE100TX Ver.2 network card that I bought in the Windows98 days. I have been using the onboard network card on my one year old Asus board. It stopped working. When I checked there were no lights showing connection or activity. Rather than RMA the board I just installed the Linksys card, installed the drivers, and it showed up in Windows as working. However it will not access my ISP when set to auto detect or manual settings. Since this is an older card Linksys does not have XP drivers for it. I tried Windows2000 drivers but without success. I finally installed an eight year old card I had and it installed perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas why the Linksys
want work on my XP system? Thanks

Did you check on whether WinXP has the appropriate driver
included? I bet it does, though no idea on what it's
called.

On the other hand, a new 10/100 NIC is what, $5?

You might try the Win2000 driver from this:
http://69.36.189.159/usr_1034/LNE100TX_v2.zip
(browse to the win2k folder from Device Manger/update drive,
or upon detection of card)

CBFalconer January 17th 05 04:24 AM

Hans Wankle wrote:

Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
Encoding: quoted-printable

Usenet is a pure text medium. If you want responses, do not use
HTML nor mime attachments.