HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199692)

Phil Reynolds September 11th 19 10:44 AM

Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 21:30:16 +0100
Phil Reynolds wrote:

On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 16:22:19 -0400
Fred McKenzie wrote:

Take a look at:

https://www.laserpros.com/img/manual...-cs410-cs510-c
21312-5027-service-manual.pdf

Found using Google search for lexmark cs410dn service manual. I
assume the "dn" refers to options on your particular printer.

Indeed, this looks rather like another one I found, but actually
easier to use.

This model always seems to have the "dn" options... there is a "dtn"
as well, I believe.

As expected, Lexmark quote around twice the cost of the nearest new
equivalent for a repair.

If I could somehow access the Remote Operator Panel (VNC) without using
the Java applet built into the printer (which no modern browser seems
to touch), that would be a satisfactory workaround.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail:

Phil Reynolds September 11th 19 01:31 PM

Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:44:44 +0100
Phil Reynolds wrote:

Fred McKenzie wrote:

Take a look at:

https://www.laserpros.com/img/manual...-cs410-cs510-c
21312-5027-service-manual.pdf

Found using Google search for lexmark cs410dn service manual. I
assume the "dn" refers to options on your particular printer.

Indeed, this looks rather like another one I found, but actually
easier to use.

This model always seems to have the "dn" options... there is a "dtn"
as well, I believe.

As expected, Lexmark quote around twice the cost of the nearest new
equivalent for a repair.

If I could somehow access the Remote Operator Panel (VNC) without
using the Java applet built into the printer (which no modern browser
seems to touch), that would be a satisfactory workaround.

I can use PaleMoon to get somewhere with it, but unfortunately I now
get "Error: Connection refused" from the applet.

Any solutions available short of involving Lexmark again?

Phil Reynolds September 11th 19 11:24 PM

Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:30:48 -0400
Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

I can use PaleMoon to get somewhere with it, but unfortunately I now
get "Error: Connection refused" from the applet.

Any solutions available short of involving Lexmark again?

There's no manual so I cannot check. Apparently it has a built-in
network. Do you know the IP. If not your router log might. Ping that
from a computer inside the same network. If that doesn't work I'm out
of ideas other than the printer might have a web interface already.

If it works install tighten-client or any other NC client for your OS
and start it with the IP of the printer.

I am (obviously. from the above) *way* ahead.

I know full well the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

I cannot use a VNC client for my OS because the VNC port does not open
until I try to launch the VNC applet, and then if I do try one, I get a
brief flash of black and the connection closes.

Phil Reynolds September 12th 19 10:10 AM

Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:42:41 -0400
Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

If the VNC port isn't open there is nothing you can do using a VNC
client or some JAVA application connecting to VNC.

It's not "isn't open", it's "isn't open UNTIL..." - if you carefully
re-read what I wrote.

If you know the IP of your printer start a web browser and point it to
it. If you don't see the setup interface then I am out of ideas.

I need to access the "Remote Operator Panel", which is *deeper* than
the web interface. I can do almost everything routine with the web
interface, but not interact directly with messages on the printer's own
display. That is what the "Remote Operator Panel" is for - and this has
become important because of the fault with the display on the printer.

You are generally correct, but have not understood the specifics.

[email protected] February 7th 20 07:28 PM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

[...]

I have the same issue, I use the remote operator panel in IE11 with Java plugin. After you install Java, make sure you enable in IE11. It's slow, but works.

Phil Reynolds February 12th 20 08:39 PM

Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 11:28:23 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

I have the same issue, I use the remote operator panel in IE11 with
Java plugin. After you install Java, make sure you enable in IE11.
It's slow, but works.

Even slower if you use a VM to run it. Anyway, mine seems to have
recovered a bit now - the display works again. I do need new toner
before I can print any more at present.