HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   7DXR memory problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=12346)

GrgArt September 30th 03 01:16 AM

7DXR memory problem

I wonder is there solution for this problem:

System:

MBO: Gigabyte 7DXR bios 10a

CPU: AMT AthlonXP 1800+ at 1533MHz

AGP: Sapphire Radeon 9000 VIVO

OS: WindowsXP Pro SP1

Memory: DIMM1 PC-2100, 512 MB, 184 pins, DDR RAM, 266 MHz, M.tec
TTD7608F8E75B

DIMM2 PC-2100, 512 MB, 184 pins, DDR RAM, 266 MHz,
Infineon-Hynix HY5DU56822AT-H

Problem:

Working with mpeg2 files in VirtualDub freezes my computer that only hard
reset helps.

OK, I got one mpeg2 file in virtualdub, and simple freeze test is that I
start error scan and it freezes after 2-5 min.

And it only happens when both memory modules are in computer.

I tested each module individually plugged in computer, and there are no
problems.

I tested memory in DOS with DocMem, and all tests are OK.

All bios parameters are default and auto memory parameters in bios a 8 8
10 3 7 2.5 3

I found at newsgroups some stuff on similar problems and suggestions to
increase memory voltage from 2.5V to 2.6V or 2.7V and to setup memory
parameters manually to 16 8 8 2 6 2 2. I tried to increase voltage but it
does not help, and with these manual parameters I can't even boot to Windows
(it just restarts before windows booting or hangs after HD detection).

So, is there any solution for this configuration or I just need same two
memory modules?

Thanks.

--

GrgArt