HardwareBanter

-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   StorageTek L180 and L700 Temperature Related Gripper Problems (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=67134)

CHANGE USERNAME TO westes September 14th 03 07:11 AM

StorageTek L180 and L700 Temperature Related Gripper Problems

On both the StorageTek L180 and L700 tape libraries, I have noticed that if
the library is run in an environment with a high ambient temperature (over
about 80-to-85 degrees), you start to get problems with tapes getting stuck
in the gripper. Once this happens, the library fails initialization right
after exercising the gripper, and the FSC code refer to Z and Theta
problems.

Power off the library for five minutes and the library can pass
initialization, but after a short time period if you re-initialize it will
fail again, in the identical way.

As I said, I have seen this on both the L180 and L700, and I test quite a
few of both of these models.

Has anyone else observed this?

--
Will