HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Mistake handling replacement cartridge HP Color Laserjet CP1518ni (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=195281)

[email protected][_2_] December 27th 14 05:32 PM

Mistake handling replacement cartridge HP Color Laserjet CP1518ni

While I was installing a set of new CMYK cartridges I made a mistake and accidentally touched the drum of the K cartridge. Whether it was this mistake or a defective cartridge (ti was an off brand) now the when printing black the text on the left half of the page black is barely visible. The fading is uniform from top to bottom of the page.

Is it ever possible to clean the drum or am I stuck with buying a new K cartridge?

John Culleton
john (at) wexfordpress.com

Tony December 27th 14 08:37 PM

wrote:
While I was installing a set of new CMYK cartridges I made a mistake and
accidentally touched the drum of the K cartridge. Whether it was this mistake
or a defective cartridge (ti was an off brand) now the when printing black the
text on the left half of the page black is barely visible. The fading is
uniform from top to bottom of the page.

Is it ever possible to clean the drum or am I stuck with buying a new K
cartridge?

John Culleton
john (at) wexfordpress.com

John
Almost certainly a defective cartridge, touching the drum would not cause what
you describe.
These cartridges are sometimes difficult to refill so maybe the one you bought
is one of those.
Any chance of getting it replaced under warranty?
Tony