HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mouse doesn't come up. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=184083)

[email protected] April 17th 10 09:49 AM

Mouse doesn't come up.

I am resurrecting an old E-Machine with a PS/2 mouse. Frequently a
cold boot will miss activating the mouse, and I have to re-boot to get
it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Duke

Gerard Bok April 17th 10 03:53 PM

Mouse doesn't come up.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 04:49:13 -0400, wrote:

I am resurrecting an old E-Machine with a PS/2 mouse. Frequently a
cold boot will miss activating the mouse, and I have to re-boot to get
it. Any suggestions?

Oddly as it may sound: maybe your PC boots too fast for your
mouse.
There is an easy test: extend the boot time a little.
(Let BIOS perform a full RAM test in stead of a quick one or let
it look for an IDE device, even if you know it is not there.)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok