HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A7V133-VM + PCI video = BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=28919)

Lost November 12th 03 04:27 PM

A7V133-VM + PCI video = BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP?

Hello.
I've got the above motherboard and am trying to use/test a PCI video
card with it. Now aside from that there doesn't seem to be any mechanism
that turns the onboard video off other than the detection of an AGP
card, there is a problem. Everything seems to work ok, except during the
long beep then three short beeps. This is prohibitively annoying. Why is
it doing this? Was this motherboard made without any consideration for
PCI video or am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

(It does this with any PCI card, not just this one).

Patch November 12th 03 08:12 PM

"Lost" wrote in message
Hello.
I've got the above motherboard and am trying to use/test a PCI video
card with it. Now aside from that there doesn't seem to be any mechanism
that turns the onboard video off other than the detection of an AGP
card, there is a problem. Everything seems to work ok, except during the
long beep then three short beeps. This is prohibitively annoying. Why is
it doing this? Was this motherboard made without any consideration for
PCI video or am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

(It does this with any PCI card, not just this one).

I've got an A7v133 (without the VW) and to switch from AGP to PCI I would
have to go into BIOS & choose what I was going to use as the primary video
display. I'm sure yours has the same option.

Lost November 13th 03 06:33 AM

I've got an A7v133 (without the VW) and to switch from AGP to PCI I would
have to go into BIOS & choose what I was going to use as the primary video
display. I'm sure yours has the same option.

I've done that, it makes no difference. As so far as I can discern, that Bios
option does nothing whatsoever. Could it be a voltage problem?