HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   RAID-0 data loss (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=154620)

msarmadi July 28th 07 12:59 PM

RAID-0 data loss

Dear All

I've faced to a RAID-0 data loss. It's a Hardware RAID-0 (strip set)
on 2 SATA Hard Disks. The problem occured when one of my colleague
reinitialized (quick initialize) the RAID group.

- RAID controller is a Promise Technology product and is called
Fastrack.
- RAID controller is an OnBoard feature on a ASUS PC-DL Deluxe
Mainboard

Now, when I try to boot using a Windows 2003 Boot CD and proper RAID
driver, It says there is an "Unpartitioned" disk.

I wondering
- how to recover from... and
- is it possible to fix it(RAID tables or sth.)

Any clue? or same problem?

Looking forward to your replies
TIA

Cheers

TBA July 28th 07 09:44 PM

RAID-0 data loss

If you can't get the raid to start working again (can't help you with that)
and you want to save data from the disks I can recommend raid reconstructor
from www.runtime.org and after that you run the right version of
getdataback. Done it myself and it works.

/TB

ups.com...