HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq Presario 8000 desktop (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=119839)

steve February 11th 06 08:55 PM

Compaq Presario 8000 desktop

Are the 2 ports under the start-up button USB ports? I tried Compaq
support but could not get through. Thanks

Nasa Researcher February 15th 06 08:46 PM

Compaq Presario 8000 desktop

It depends. USB 2.0 Ports a rectangular.

Titus Francoeur

MaryL October 22nd 06 10:16 PM

"steve" wrote in message
Are the 2 ports under the start-up button USB ports? I tried Compaq
support but could not get through. Thanks

I think there were some variations. I have 2 USB ports on the front (they
are rectangular, and on mine they are "stacked" one above the other). If
you look carefully, you will probably see a tiny figure etched into the
case, like the one always included on USB cables. And, if they look alike,
they are probably both USB. I also have another port to the left of the 2
USB ports. It is shaped differently, with a rounded end. I have never used
it, but I think it is for games.

MaryL

MaryL October 22nd 06 10:17 PM

"steve" wrote in message
Are the 2 ports under the start-up button USB ports? I tried Compaq
support but could not get through. Thanks

I think there were some variations. I have 2 USB ports on the front (they
are rectangular, and on mine they are "stacked" one above the other). If
you look carefully, you will probably see a tiny figure etched into the
case, like the one always included on USB cables. And, if they look
alike, they are probably both USB. I also have another port to the left
of the 2 USB ports. It is shaped differently, with a rounded end. I have
never used it, but I think it is for games.

MaryL

Ooops! This is my first day reading this newsgroup, and I just realized
that I replied to a *very old* message. My apologies!

MaryL