HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Case Sound Dampening Foam- which one? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=20951)

QZ August 23rd 04 11:10 PM

Case Sound Dampening Foam- which one?

Which sound dampening foam?

The Quietpc Accoustipack is quite expensive.

I would choose from Akasa Paxmate, Cooloermaster Pro Studio, and Muffled
Computing Wispermat. What do you recommend?

Thanks,
QZ

cjm August 24th 04 10:52 AM

"QZ" nothing wrote in message ...
Which sound dampening foam?

The Quietpc Accoustipack is quite expensive.

I would choose from Akasa Paxmate, Cooloermaster Pro Studio, and Muffled
Computing Wispermat. What do you recommend?

Thanks,
QZ

I cant really compare any of these against each other as I have only used
the one type, but I think the Akasa Paxmate is quite decent. It does a
fairly good job of attenuating all frequencies and lowering the higher
frequencies such as those from high RPM fans and hard drives. However, when
I bought it, it had an AWFUL smell, and the second batch had to live in the
garage for a few days before coming into the house and having the PC fans
blow the smell around!