HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Help: CD not Reconized by CD Drive - wont accept / recognizewhen recording (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=116701)

Mike Richter January 8th 06 04:48 AM

Help: CD not Reconized by CD Drive - wont accept / recognizewhen recording

TheWolFMaN wrote:
Evening all...

I am having a problem that is just killing me... been working on for
hours with no results....

I am trying to make a copy of a audio cd. This is an instructional CD.

I can copy and burn on one of my computers and all is great BUT....

On the computer I need for this to happen I am having problems. The
properties show that this drive and both read and write CD's...

First... I can play CD's and DVD's no problem.

I an using Nero... When I try to copy the CD I get the image burnt to
the hard drive bno problem. Whren I insert the blamnk cd to burn to
it is read and then is ejected from the drive. I get the message to
insert a cd. I insert another new cd and this happens again...

The drive does not want to reconize the disk I put in the drive. A
couple of times I got it as far as trying to actually burning the copy
but the disk ejected again when i hit the "burn" button.

Yes the dsik has the box checked to make trhe disk writable in the
properties tab.

Please....any and ALL advise is welcome.... Trying to get the disk
duplicted this weekend...

Thanks top all..

Assuming that you've tried different brands of CD-R and failed
consistently and that simple tasks like writing a data disc also do not
work, the logical explanation is that the drive can't write. In short,
it's broken. If some things work and others don't, please let us know
which do, which don't. If you haven't tried other media, please do.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/