HardwareBanter

-   Gateway Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Screen Burn in with EV700 monitors? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199920)

[email protected] March 4th 20 10:29 PM

Screen Burn in with EV700 monitors?

On Tuesday, May 12, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Dustin L. Douglas wrote:
Well, got a small question here and wanted some input from the
Gateway community.
I'm a computer lab operator here at the University of Arkansas. In
one of my labs I've got 9 GW 17" EV700 monitors. We haven't had them very
long, but they have already started to burn in.
We use a single, standard background for all computers on the
Computing services domain; the background is the *real* culprit, because
it's what's actually burning in.
Here is some data off the back of the label:
Manufacture date: Nov 1997
Model: Gateway 700-069cs
The monitors used to be turned on all the time, but since they
started burning in, we shut them off at night. Is this a known "feature"
in the EV line. I know I've read lots of posts complaining about the
ev900's flicker problem...Is the EV line just an inferior product?
Oh and in one of my other labs I have 20 17" Vivitron monitors that we've
had *longer* than the EV's and no sign of burn in on the Viv's!
Anyone care to share their experience with EV burn in?
thanks
--
Dustin Douglas
Remove "Lapland" to reply

Dustin, you really should have solved this by now.