HardwareBanter

-   Packard Bell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   looking for Win 98 Packard Bell Master CD (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199182)

David Davidson September 10th 18 08:24 AM

looking for Win 98 Packard Bell Master CD

I am looking for ANY Packard Bell Master Cd for windows 98. I have a Multimedia 851 that was a dumpster find. I want to restore it to as close to original as possible. It was missing the hard drive, but I had a spare. I just know it is Similar to the Multimedia 955 and 850.(same motherboard from what I can gather.)

David Davidson September 10th 18 08:26 AM

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 2:24:38 AM UTC-5, David Davidson wrote:
I am looking for ANY Packard Bell Master Cd for windows 98. I have a Multimedia 851 that was a dumpster find. I want to restore it to as close to original as possible. It was missing the hard drive, but I had a spare. I just know it is Similar to the Multimedia 955 and 850.(same motherboard from what I can gather.)

Also, I am also looking for the 1.09 Bios for this system (fr500 Motherboard Revision D) I dont think the revision matters, but thought I would include it. thanks again.

[email protected] February 24th 20 08:15 AM

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 3:26:58 AM UTC-4, Freelancer1988 wrote:
On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 2:24:38 AM UTC-5, David Davidson wrote:
I am looking for ANY Packard Bell Master Cd for windows 98. I have a Multimedia 851 that was a dumpster find. I want to restore it to as close to original as possible. It was missing the hard drive, but I had a spare. I just know it is Similar to the Multimedia 955 and 850.(same motherboard from what I can gather.)

Also, I am also looking for the 1.09 Bios for this system (fr500 Motherboard Revision D) I dont think the revision matters, but thought I would include it. thanks again.

This is a couple years old now, but are you still looking for the restore CD? I have the restore CD for these models. It took me a long time, and I have not been able to actually try to restore mine yet, but it should work from everything that I have been told.