HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Epson R1800 startup grinding noise (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=194180)

Jan Alter February 9th 14 08:37 AM

Epson R1800 startup grinding noise

Our 8 year old R1800 printer has been making this noise at startup sometimes
now for the past 4 years. I've tried googling only to find others having the
same problem but no answer. Has anyone in this group become aware of the
what is going on? I've gone to the point of picking up the printer and
turning it on end thinking a gear's keeper has come lose and maybe by
turning the printer on its side will get it into place.
Sometimes when the grinding happens several red leds on the front panel
flash. If I turn the printer off it will reset. But I've heard also when
this happens to others that the printer simply won't print anymore. I'd like
to remedy it if possible.

Thanks,
--
Jan Alter