HardwareBanter

-   Creative Sound Blaster Cards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sound and Video drivers needed for dell "OptiPlex GX270 " (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=129219)

[email protected] June 17th 06 09:03 PM

Sound and Video drivers needed for dell "OptiPlex GX270 "

i have bought a used buit-in DELL CPU.Its model name is "OptiPlex GX270
".
I have installed win 98 and Win XP on it but both sound and video
drivers were not installed by both window versions.I gone to dell's
support webpage.It gave me 3 audio drivers to install.
One of Analog and other two of creative labs sound blaster live

Please tell me if one does not know the company of sound card or video
card,so how will he manage to install drivers.

Sharanga Dayananda July 20th 06 08:05 PM

Sound and Video drivers needed for dell "OptiPlex GX270 "

Unless you've added a soundcard in, it'll be using mobo integrated sound. I
think what you need is the Analog devices drivers. If you can open your case
( if your warranty has expired ), you can see whether there's a discrete
soundcard like one ofthe Live!s. If you can splurge money I think Everest
( which is no longer free ) should be able to identify all your hardware.

ups.com...