HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   anybody making RTL8125 NICs besides Speed Dragon? [2.5Gbase-t] (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199543)

[email protected] May 2nd 19 01:30 PM

anybody making RTL8125 NICs besides Speed Dragon? [2.5Gbase-t]

I believe Realtek RTL8125 (2.5 Gbps) has appeared in a few mainboards,
but I can only find two ethernet cards from a company called Speed Dragon.
And I don't think many retailers are offering them, so I wondered if anybody
else makes a NIC from RTL8125.

I know Aqnanita-based cards are out there (5 or 10 Gbps) cheaper than
Intel or Broadcom enterprise stuff. But the fast switches get expensive.

2.5G would suffice for me, with these blessings:
only need PCIEx1 slot
works with CAT5e cables
2.5G 8-port switch as little as US$300

[email protected] June 11th 19 02:09 PM

anybody making RTL8125 NICs besides Speed Dragon? [2.5Gbase-t]

I found another company IOCREST is also making an RTL8125 ethernet card.
Only one port, whereas Speed Dragon offer one with 2 sockets.
But very few vendors selling them. I found 4 on ebay and 1 on aliexpress.