HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AMD PHENOM 9850 2.50GHz Black Edition (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=168142)

Neil Catling[_2_] April 30th 08 07:03 PM

AMD PHENOM 9850 2.50GHz Black Edition

Hi all
My question is that I would like to know if it would be worth upgrading to
the phenom 9850 CPU from my AMD 6400 Black Edition CPU, If so would I notice
much change in my games or benchmarks.
Thanks in advance
Neil

Wes Newell April 30th 08 10:57 PM

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:03:22 +0100, Neil Catling wrote:

Hi all
My question is that I would like to know if it would be worth upgrading
to the phenom 9850 CPU from my AMD 6400 Black Edition CPU, If so would I
notice much change in my games or benchmarks. Thanks in advance
Neil

Single or double thread, the 6400 will be faster. More than 2 threads, the
4 core will be faster. IOW's, you'd need to benchmark every app under all
conditions to really find the answer. Have a look at benchmarks here.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/