HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S2KCTL CPU Coller Stopped Working (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=146876)

[email protected] March 1st 07 02:33 AM

S2KCTL CPU Coller Stopped Working

Wondering if anyone has an idea here. S2KCTL is a great CPU software
cooler for AMD CPU's that works by issuing a HALT command when the CPU
is idling. It worked great, reduced my temps by 10 to 15 degrees C,
but now, all of a sudden, it doesn't. I monitored the CPU and it is
idling. The only difference is I added an external wireless adapter
that connects thru the USB port. Could this somehow cause an issue,
such that the HALT command is stopped?

User March 1st 07 04:56 AM

wrote:
Wondering if anyone has an idea here. S2KCTL is a great CPU software
cooler for AMD CPU's that works by issuing a HALT command when the CPU
is idling. It worked great, reduced my temps by 10 to 15 degrees C,
but now, all of a sudden, it doesn't. I monitored the CPU and it is
idling. The only difference is I added an external wireless adapter
that connects thru the USB port. Could this somehow cause an issue,
such that the HALT command is stopped?

I had a wireless USB adapter raise my idle temps by 10C when it was
plugged in. Unplugged it and they went down immediately.