HardwareBanter

-   UK Computer Vendors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=140279)

Trev November 27th 06 10:08 PM

Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Some time ago their used to be a computer and parts vendor that frequently
had nice cheap Windows COA stickers for sale. They majored in selling
second
hand computers but also did a few other lines - such as a few hardware
components and these Windows COA stickers.

Can anyone remember or advise who they were? Or alternatively, where such
may otherwise be sourced (particularly looking for Windows XP
[professional])?

There free with every copy of XP pro oem

News Reader November 27th 06 10:08 PM

Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier

Hi,

Some time ago their used to be a computer and parts vendor that frequently
had nice cheap Windows COA stickers for sale. They majored in selling second
hand computers but also did a few other lines - such as a few hardware
components and these Windows COA stickers.

Can anyone remember or advise who they were? Or alternatively, where such
may otherwise be sourced (particularly looking for Windows XP
[professional])?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

News Reader

News Reader November 27th 06 10:24 PM

"Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM wrote in message

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Some time ago their used to be a computer and parts vendor that

frequently
had nice cheap Windows COA stickers for sale. They majored in selling
second
hand computers but also did a few other lines - such as a few hardware
components and these Windows COA stickers.

Can anyone remember or advise who they were? Or alternatively, where

such
may otherwise be sourced (particularly looking for Windows XP
[professional])?

There free with every copy of XP pro oem

Hi,

Thanks. Perhaps I didn't explain very well. This particular retailer was
selling "reclaimed" or "recycled" COA stickers - as a licence for use of the
software.

In other words, they were, for example, as I understand it, buying (probably
bulk) COA stickers for Windows operating systems (perhaps from PC's that
were being junked, recycled without the O/S, being upgraded with a new full
licensed OS, etc.) which they would then resell and you or I could then use
as a legal license for that piece of software.

Much like an OEM copy but with only a second-hand (but legitimate) COA
sticker (with product / CD key) and no manual or physical CD media.

Hope that clarifies, helps, explains, etc.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Jason Russell November 27th 06 11:14 PM

Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier

Thanks. Perhaps I didn't explain very well. This particular retailer
was selling "reclaimed" or "recycled" COA stickers - as a licence for
use of the software.

In other words, they were, for example, as I understand it, buying
(probably bulk) COA stickers for Windows operating systems (perhaps
from PC's that were being junked, recycled without the O/S, being
upgraded with a new full licensed OS, etc.) which they would then
resell and you or I could then use as a legal license for that piece
of software.

Much like an OEM copy but with only a second-hand (but legitimate) COA
sticker (with product / CD key) and no manual or physical CD media.

Hope that clarifies, helps, explains, etc.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Think you mean IT Dealers - Apprently they were threatened by Micro$oft over
these sales, and have since stopped selling them.

However, try uk.adverts.computer - they often pop up for sale in that NG.

Jason Russell

Bob Eager November 28th 06 12:13 AM

Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:08:58 UTC, "News Reader"
wrote:

Some time ago their used to be a computer and parts vendor that frequently
had nice cheap Windows COA stickers for sale. They majored in selling second
hand computers but also did a few other lines - such as a few hardware
components and these Windows COA stickers.

Can anyone remember or advise who they were? Or alternatively, where such
may otherwise be sourced (particularly looking for Windows XP
[professional])?

An excellent company called IT Dealers. They were threatened by
Microsoft and eventually had to stop trading.

They have reappeared (Paul has gone in with someone else) but I forget
the name. It's immaterial in this case, because they surely will not be
selling COAs!

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.

News Reader November 28th 06 08:15 PM

wrote:

[...]

Oh well... lolo... I guess not :) ...

Never mind / next time.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Paul November 29th 06 08:10 PM

Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Some time ago their used to be a computer and parts vendor that frequently
had nice cheap Windows COA stickers for sale. They majored in selling
second
hand computers but also did a few other lines - such as a few hardware
components and these Windows COA stickers.

Can anyone remember or advise who they were? Or alternatively, where such
may otherwise be sourced (particularly looking for Windows XP
[professional])?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

News Reader

someone by the name of Laptop City has just posted in uk.comp.adverts
selling COA

News Reader November 30th 06 04:58 PM

"Paul" wrote in message

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Some time ago their used to be a computer and parts vendor that

frequently
had nice cheap Windows COA stickers for sale. They majored in selling
second
hand computers but also did a few other lines - such as a few hardware
components and these Windows COA stickers.

Can anyone remember or advise who they were? Or alternatively, where

such
may otherwise be sourced (particularly looking for Windows XP
[professional])?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

News Reader

someone by the name of Laptop City has just posted in uk.comp.adverts
selling COA

Hi,

Sounds good. I can't seem to get that group, nor able to find it on google,
can you copy the post from that group to here or reply with some of their
details / contact information, etc. please? Thanks very much! :)

Best wishes,

News Reader

Mike Tomlinson November 30th 06 05:24 PM

Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier

In article , News Reader
writes

Sounds good. I can't seem to get that group, nor able to find it on google,

it's actually uk.adverts.computer